What We Do
CRIS offers free services to older adult refugees and asylees who are Somali, Eritrean, Ethiopian, Bhutanese, Burmese, Congolese, and Iraqi.
Examples of our services include:
- US Citizenship classes and tutoring (help individuals prepare for US Citizenship Exam)
- Social Security Issues including Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- HEAP/PIPP Utilities assistance
- Free Vision Clinic referrals
- Medical Clinics and Dental Clinics referrals
- Prescription assistance/information
- Assistance with Housing and landlord issues
- Research on a variety of issue (for example, doctors in the area, driving schools, funeral homes, grocery stores).
Individuals must be 60 years old or older and residing in Franklin County, Ohio. There are no charges for our services, however, clinics and agencies other than CRIS that provide needed services may have fees on a sliding scale.
To take advantage of this free service, call us at 614-987-1641 to set up an appointment to meet with one of our Senior Program Case Workers. During the meeting, we will take notes on the needs you identify and how we can be of assistance and make copies of your ID and other necessary documents. We will open a client file and contact you to set up future meetings to discuss your case.
We are able to offer these services, thanks to our great funders: Franklin County Senior Options Grants Programs, Ohio Refugee Services Program, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.