What We Do
CRIS offers free services to senior refugees and asylees. We have served people hailing from all over the world including Somalia, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Bhutan, Burma, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Syria, Iraq, and others.
Examples of our services include:
- U.S. Citizenship classes and tutoring (help individuals prepare for U.S .Citizenship Exam)
- Assisting with social security issues including Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- HEAP/PIPP Utilities assistance
- Referrals to medical and dental clinics
- Assistance with housing and landlord issues
- Linkage to other resources such as doctors in the area, driving schools, funeral homes, grocery stores
- Senior Companion Program in collaboration with Catholic Social Services (seniors visit other isolated seniors).
Individuals must be 60 years or older and residing in Franklin County, Ohio. There are no charges for our services, however, clinics and agencies other than CRIS that provide needed services may have fees on a sliding scale.
Call us at 614-987-1641 to set up an appointment to meet with one of our Senior Program Case Workers. A needs assessment will be conducted in order to identify how we can be of assistance. We will open a client file and contact you to set up future meetings to discuss your case.
Thanks to our funders Franklin County Senior Options Grants Programs, Ohio Refugee Services Program, and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.