Consider these action items:
1. Call 1-866-940-2439 to let your senators and representatives know that you welcome refugees in your city. Here’s an example of what to say:
“I am a constituent from [CITY, STATE], and I urge you to welcome refugees and support the U.S. refugee resettlement program. Resettlement is a core American legacy that extends hospitality and offers a chance for refugees to rebuild their lives in safety and dignity. My community welcomes refugees and I urge you to reflect the best of our nation by supporting refugee resettlement in the United States.”
2. Sign THIS PETITION and share it with friends, family and your network!
3. Add your name to the Religious Leader Sign On Letter Supporting Refugee Resettlement: Sign on here.
4. As our funding will be greatly impacted by the changes, one of the most tangible ways to support is through financial contributions to CRIS. We still have work to do to care for refugees already here and to advocate for the continuation of the resettlement program. Please click on the donate button on the top left corner of our website.
5. Write an electronic message to the White House sharing your support of the U.S. Resettlement Program here: whitehouse.gov/contact.
- .@realDonaldTrump & @WhiteHouse Don’t stop welcoming refugees. Resettlement demonstrates the best of our values #SolidaritySelfie
- .@realDonaldTrump & @WhiteHouse Keep America welcoming. Refugee resettlement is a proud American legacy with bipartisan support #SolidaritySelfie
7. Follow @CWS_global on Facebook for up-to-date alerts.
8. Post a comment on Facebook.com/WhiteHouse.
9. Take action by organizing or joining Rapid Response Prayer Vigils in your area! Click HERE to get involved!