The City Program provides services for Limited English Proficient (LEP), low and moderate income, foreign-born residents of Columbus. Services include employment assistance, job placement, acculturation services, immigration legal services, and referrals to other community resources. The purpose of this program is to help legally present refugees and other immigrants obtain equal access to the opportunities Columbus offers.
- linkage to ESOL and other educational opportunities
- help with housing and household goods
- services to help older adults remain independent
- acculturation services
- pro bono legal services via Legal Program
- referral to mainstream services
- interpretation for LEP’s encounters with the English-only public
Anyone who is in the United States with USCIS status and who is authorized to work is eligible for these services. The program’s current language capacity includes Somali, Arabic, Nepali, Oromifa, Amharic, Spanish, French, Lingala, Kikongo, Swahili, and Thai.